Manolo Has Pizzazz
Don’t have time to follow all of AEW’s online content? Don’t worry. We got you covered with the AEW Rewind, which will rewind through social media bits and YouTube videos from the past week to prepare you for Wednesday night Dynamite.
In Coach’s Corner, Arn Anderson provided an update on Cody Rhodes after the ladder match. Arn is urging Cody take time off, but Cody told him he’ll be back in the ring Wednesday. Arn also threw shade at Scorpio Sky for a ‘cheap’ win.
That sounds like sour grapes from Arn Anderson toward Scorpio Sky. Was Sky just supposed to let Cody win because he had an injured shoulder? Everybody knows winning a ladder match is about being at the right place in the right time. Sky was in such a position and did what needed to be done for victory.
Ethan Page was miffed about sharing the ring with five other men in the spotlight of his AEW debut. He is demanding a singles match for Dynamite.
That request was honored. It has been announced that Page will wrestler Lee Johnson. QT Marshall will be in Johnson’s corner. After QT’s brouhaha with Dustin Rhodes during the Casino Battle Royale, I smell shenanigans.
Scorpio Sky grabbed the brass ring in the Face of the Revolution ladder match. He is ready to win the TNT title from Darby Allin on Dynamite. Get used to seeing his face.
Reba is still considered unfit to compete, so Nyla Rose is being called in as a replacement to join Dr. Britt Baker DMD and Maki Itoh against Hikaru Shida, Ryo Mizunami, and Thunder Rosa. Tony Schiavone’s reaction to Vickie Guerrero yelling makes this video worth watching.
In other women’s news, Shida appears to be naming her new finishing knee strike the Katana.
And now, deep thoughts from Hangman Page.
If you enjoy MJF’s brand of rude humor, check out his interview with Brandon Walker of Barstool Sports (here). It is pretty funny and made me laugh on several occasions.
Speaking of laughter, Sammy Guevara tweeted his response to Chris Jericho and MJF coming up short in their tag title match against the Young Bucks.
— sammy guevara (@sammyguevara) March 8, 2021
Technically, I’m assuming context to Sammy’s tweet, but it was put out as the match finished. I suppose Sammy could just have been ticklish at that same exact moment.
FTR cut a passionate promo after their trios win with Tully Blanchard over Jurassic Express. They oddly called out Brian Cage and Brian Pillman Jr. as taking for granted the road paved by Blanchard.
Being the Elite
“Revolution 2021” – Being The Elite, Ep. 246 (here) featured:
- Nick Jackson received a bunch of skateboards for the roster to have fun, but he only ordered decks without any wheels.
- Airport travel day from last week. Brandon Cutler had to hide his boner, which arose from the Good Brothers slipping him Viagra. Cutler didn’t know what was wrong, so he consulted with Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows as penis experts. Gallows confessed. They encouraged Cutler to rub one out for relief.
- Vickie Guerrero, Nyla Rose, and Ryzin tried to brainstorm ideas to get more money. They decided on a church merch scam.
- Backstage footage of Shaquille O’Neal in gorilla position. He entered the ring through the ropes instead of over the top as a giant. Cut to Big Show saying he wants to quit. He said Shaq can do that, but he’ll be stepping over the top.
- Matt Jackson planned out his table spot with action figures for the Inner Circle press conference.
- Cutler was asleep in the waiting room with the Good Brothers. Cutler farted. The Bucks came in wondering why Anderson and Gallows brought in tables. Apparently, the high dive table spot wasn’t the Bucks’ idea. They went to the medic to get checked out from the pain.
- The Bucks signed posters on the day of Revolution. A highlight package followed from the show.
- Dark Order celebrated Hangman Page’s win. The payout was mid six figures. The Dark Order charged gifts to Hangman’s card. Too bad he only kept enough money for a new lawnmower and gave the rest away. Now Hangman is in debt. The Dark Order began lamenting not being able to pay for Anna Jay’s surgery. Nobody could replace her. In walked Maki Itoh to cheers.
- Private Party found Matt Hardy. Hardy was eating grapes with a dazed look in his eyes.
Big Show stole the show in his first BTE appearance. That little scene with Paul Wight was giant gold. Maki Itoh was another pleasant surprise. She should mesh well with the Dark Order for BTE skits.
We’ll close with merch news. Chris Jericho, MJF, and Jake Hager made a funny announcement about new action figures.
Tony Schiavone will grace the pages of a comic book.
Darby Allin and Sting have a very cool shirt design. It is something I would rather have framed on the wall than risk getting pizza sauce stains on the shirt.