Manolo Has Pizzazz
Don’t have time to follow all of AEW’s online content? Don’t worry. We got you covered with the AEW Rewind, which will rewind through social media bits and YouTube videos from the past week to prepare you for Wednesday night Dynamite.
Get hyped with AEW’s ‘Winter is Coming’ intro package. The last line and image are interesting. “The man who fears losing has already lost,” with an image of Cody Rhodes could mean something cool is brewing or just be appetizing window dressing and nothing more.
“Road to Winter Is Coming,” put meat on the bones of the hype for Jon Moxley defending the AEW World Championship against Kenny Omega. It does an excellent job of covering their timeline since AEW began all the way through to setting up tonight’s epic clash.
Tony Schiavone recapped the recent stories (here) from the AEW Control Center for the big card tonight. No new information was revealed.
Being the Elite
“$1,000 Shot” – Being The Elite, Ep. 232 (here) featured:
- Private Party set up payback for Santana & Ortiz. Isiah Kassidy tricked Ortiz into eating the One Chip Challenge. The spiciness appeared to have no effect on Ortiz. Once Private Party left, Ortiz screamed in pain.
- Brandon Cutler was looking for the hard camera. Frankie Kazarian called him a mark or taking it literally.
- The Young Bucks were playing basketball with a trashcan when Matt Hardy came to one-up them with historic stories. Hardy warned the Bucks to change their negative tone toward him.
- Kip Sabian searched for Leva Bates for a video game rematch.
- John Silver and Anna Jay were both sad at losing their matches. They found solace in Colt Cabana’s soft face. The Dark Order hugged it out. Hangman Page was peeping around the corner feeling feelings about the Dark Order’s camaraderie. He had a boozy drink in hand. Hangman walked away lonely.
- Tay Conti dissed Jurassic Express. She wasn’t interested in dinosaurs anymore, but she loved Super Panda. He serenaded Conti and Anna Jay with, “Hey There Lonely Girl.”
- John Silver defended the BTE Championship against Trent in a mustard packet throwing contest. It took several throws then Trent landed his packet in the bowl. Unfortunately, the packet bounced out, so the competition continued. After about 100 tosses, Silver finally won. To make it even sweeter, Nick Jackson had upped the reward on a whim to include $1,000.
The Hangman scene is worth checking out to slowly advance the story of him potentially joining the Dark Order. Hangman should become friends with Super Panda, so he can sing, “Hey There Lonely Boy.” The entire lyrics for that song could be altered to reflect Hangman’s saga with the Elite.
We’ll close with Chris Jericho pumping up his singles bout against Frankie Kazarian. First time ever, oh yeah! Le Champion views Kaz as the most underrated wrestler in the business today. Jericho is expecting their match to steal the show.
That’s how you talk up an opponent. Jericho’s compliments will make his win feel like a bigger deal than it actually is in the grand scheme of AEW.