According to a report from Wrestling Observer, WWE’s experienced a “COVID-19 breakout of sorts” at their Orlando Performance Center. People who were at the facility on Friday were asked to quarantine for two weeks regardless of whether they tested positive or negative.
The site says it’s heard that people scheduled for the Halloween Havoc edition of NXT airing live tonight (Oct. 28) were among those affected, and “aspects” of the show will have to be changed as a result. One source told the Observer no NXT television regular has tested positive, but that doesn’t mean no one will be impacted by quarantining and contract tracing protocols stemming from whatever happened last week.
WWE has not commented on the report.
If the Observer’s report is correct, this would be the second outbreak to affect NXT in the last two months. It comes a week after news that the Orange County (Florida) Health Department is investigating the P.C. as a potential source of COVID spread in the area. It also follows a report that trainees at the Center filed formal complaints about “COVID truthers” in the WWE developmental system, and days after NXT producer Brian “Road Dogg” James and Tag champ Danny Burch were on social media questioning the effectiveness of masks and the deadliness of the disease.
More on this story as it develops.