Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Sources told Inside the Ropes that Elias is going to be a staple on Raw and one of its top stars.
- PW Insider noted that AEW received the approval from the Frank Sinatra Estate to use the song Me and My Shadow for Le Dinner Debonair.
- Rey Fenix hurt his neck during his match on Dynamite this week, and Wrestling Observer Radio’s Dave Meltzer said that he was sore afterwards. Next week’s tournament match against Kenny Omega was scheduled to be taped yesterday (Oct. 22), so the status of that match is not clear.
- Kris Statlander mentioned to Wrestling Inc that she will be out of the ring for around eight more months due to her ACL injury, which means she won’t be wrestling on Dynamite prior to June 2021.
- Arn Anderson suggested on his podcast that the main reason WWE used to give David Otunga television time is because Vince McMahon was hoping to get Jennifer Hudson to sing the national anthem at WrestleMania.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.