Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- “All indications are that Jeff Hardy was fine” after his head hit the ring steps during the swanton bomb that ended his match with Elias last night, tweeted Fightful’s Sean Ross Sapp.
- The script for Raw was only completed 25 minutes before the show went on the air, per Fightful Select.
- The site’s sources say Raw has gone through “some considerable changes” the last two weeks and some of those were “well beyond WWE’s control.”
- The woman who accused Alberto Rodriguez (aka Del Rio/El Patron) of assaulting her & threatening her son earlier this year retracted her story in an Instagram post. Rodriguez was indicted on charges stemming from the case in October; as of Monday night there’s been no reporting which indicates those charges have been dropped.
- WWE recently filed trademarks for the Friendship Frog character that debuted in Firefly Fun House last week, according to PW Insider.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.