Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- There’s concern backstage about WWE bringing John Laurinaitis back as head of talent relations, according to Fightful Select. One wrestler told the site they’re worried he’ll bring back his past approach of prioritizing “‘diva’ style performers over in-ring acumen”.
- Other wrestlers told the site that Laurinaitis’ predecessor Mark Carano was easy to work with, but hard to trust. Last April’s releases were said to be when trust in Carano, and the company, “eroded”.
- Fightful Select also reports that Shane McMahon’s stupid promo from Raw went as scripted. His taking forever to get to the point was part of WWE’s plan to ensure Shane McMahon is “less likeable”.
- A tweet from AEW’s Dax Harwood has led to speculation Chad Gable’s WWE contract will be up soon.
- WWE’s filed trademarks for “Symbiosis” and “Franky Monet”.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.