Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- For whatever it’s worth, WrestleVotes is saying they have a source saying there is a finish for the men’s Royal Rumble match under consideration that “scares the death out of” said source.
- Fightful Select notes that WWE has announced potential surprises like Edge returning in the Royal Rumble match ahead of time because there won’t be live fans in the building. If there were fans, they wouldn’t have announced him ahead of time.
- Per SK Wrestling, WrestleMania 37 will be “a parade of former stars,” with a large number of past stars appearing on the event.
- Ringside News says John Cena is a lock for WrestleMania 37 this year. They also say it’s unclear who his opponent will be and it’s possible not even he knows who it is yet.
- Dave Meltzer indicated on Wrestling Observer Radio that there are issues between WWE and ESPN after the Peacock deal was announced, as ESPN was in talks for the WWE Network. They may be done airing WWE content moving forward.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.