Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, The Rock has said he’s willing to come back to wrestle Roman Reigns but not until WrestleMania in 2022.
- They also say that despite all the talk, Daniel Bryan and Drew McIntyre are the current frontrunners to be Reigns’ opponent at WrestleMania 37 next year.
- Fightful says people are baffled that Keith Lee was among the big guys sent to the Performance Center for additional training, and it’s been theorized he was just caught up in the group because of his size.
- Meanwhile, there’s apparently a belief among some that Otis could be working safer.
- Bobby Fish’s injury isn’t considered serious and he is expected to miss about eight weeks, per the Observer.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.