Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- For whatever it’s worth, PW Insider says that WWE considers Bray Wyatt and Alexa Bliss babyfaces.
- WrestleVotes notes that WWE are expected to remain in the ThunderDome until February, no matter where the location for it will end up being.
- They also say WWE is working on “something different” for the Royal Rumble and they want fans at that show.
- Per the Observer, Britt Baker was originally earmarked to be the top star of the AEW women’s division, and there was a lot of support for Kylie Rae before her decision to retire.
- Anthony Bowens and Max Caster signed as a tag team with AEW. PW Insider notes that WWE was interested in Bowens for NXT before this deal with AEW.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.