Manolo Has Pizzazz
Heath will have his big moment Tuesday night when he signs an official contract on Impact Wrestling. Impact’s latest countdown list is most likely inspired to hype that scene. Each of the top 5 wildest contract signings in Impact history resulted in violence. Should Heath be concerned?
5. Mick Foley & Kevin Nash – TNA Impact! (Aug. 13, 2009)
4. Angelina Love & Awesome Kong – TNA Impact! (May 21, 2009)
3. Kurt Angle & Scott Steiner – TNA Impact! (Feb. 1, 2007)
2. Sami Callihan & Ken Shamrock – Impact Wrestling (Apr. 14, 2020)
1. Matt & Jeff Hardy – Impact Wrestling (May 31, 2016)
Foley jumped through a table on his own to make a point. Awesome Kong powerbombed a mouthy referee through a table. Steiner headbutted Angle into a bloody mess. Shamrock attempted a cinematic car chase which resulted in a kidnapping. Piano music and a fake baby were used in the scene to send Jeff through a table at the Hardy Compound.
Granted, those were all contract signing for a match. Heath’s signing is just for a job. He won the right to a contract when Rhino was victorious in the Call Your Shot Gauntlet at Bound for Glory. It seems too simple to have Heath put ink to paper, smile, then leave. To make matters interesting, odds are high to be some sort of conflict. The big question is from who.
The least exciting force would come from EVP Scott D’Amore trying to renege since Heath injured himself in the gauntlet match. However, D’Amore has bigger issues on his plate, such as a wedding murder plot. He needs to figure out who shot John E. Bravo.
The other leading candidate would seem to be James Storm. He made a surprise appearance in the gauntlet match and could blame Heath for his loss. Since Heath might not be cleared to take a table bump, Storm could break a beer bottle over Heath’s head instead. That is the type of violence that would fit right in with the list of wildest contract signings.
You want more top 5? Good news in store. Here’s a bonus countdown of the most epic David vs Goliath matches in Impact history.
5. Rockstar Spud vs EC3 – Impact Wrestling (Mar. 13, 2015)
4. Christopher Daniels vs Samoa Joe – TNA Impact! (Apr. 13, 2006)
3. Chris Sabin vs Bully Ray – Impact Wrestling: Destination X (July 18, 2013)
2. Gail Kim vs Awesome Kong – TNA Final Resolution (Jan. 6, 2008)
1. AJ Styles vs Abyss – TNA Lockdown (Apr. 24, 2005)
It is funny how the Goliath won the first two bouts on the list. Doesn’t that kind of defeat the purpose of the David vs Goliath story? The other three had interesting takes on the slingshot. A hammer, a referee distraction, and thumbtacks replaced the stone used by David.
Do you agree with Impact’s list for the wildest contract signings? How about the countdown for most epic David vs Goliath matches? Which entries are missing from each top 5? Do you think Heath’s contract signing will be smooth and easy? Who is your guess to ruin the proceedings?